Well, I’ve been trying to think of another good web site to come up with to share. The problem is there are so many out there. Maybe I should start highlighting different publishing house/magazines/newsletters etc. to help those of you who don’t know where to begin. Because let’s face it, there is a lot — and I mean A LOT — of information out there and there are places that will take your money and run! Let me first say that the old adage of :
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
is SO right on. Listen to your gut on issues and don’t second guess yourself. The road to publishing is a long one for 99.9% of the people. I know a lot of people read on here or facebook or where ever my accomplishments of late. Most don’t realize that it has taken me 11 years to get to where I am, and I have a ton of rejection letters to prove it. 😀 That being said, I would do it all over again, pay all the dues, hit all the bumps and dips along the way, just to get back to where I am today in my writing career. I ❤ it that much.
So that being said, I think I’ll post the first publishing house that ever accepted my writing to be published as a book. GUARDIAN ANGEL PUBLISHING ***and here is some inside tidbits too***
- Guardian Angel Publishing is children’s genre only
- They accept submissions by email only
- This is a hands on publisher, be prepared to make sure your work is top notched
- Their guidelines are on their website… follow them.
- They are open for submissions from April to October (but look on the website to make sure this info is still current)