Harold Underdown’s: The Purple Crayon
Today’s www. Wednesday, I’m highlighting Harold Underdown’s website: The Purple Crayon.
This website has been around for a while and is chock full of information.
How long? you may ask.
It was the first informative website I ran across when I started writing in 2000. <insert nodding head here> A long time ago.
It’s grown a lot over the years. Of course, the writing world has too. The changes I’ve seen are incredible.
What information can you find there?
- Who’s Moving Where? – Great inside moving knowledge of the industry. Agents and editors tend to change. Harold helps keep you up to date.
- Articles – It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie or an expert. He is always updating material that you can find useful
- Editorial Services – Did you know that Harold is a former editor as several well-known publishing houses? He offers critique services and workshops.
- Information on his book, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Publishing Children’s Books”.
So click on over to Harold Underdown’s: The Purple Crayon and be ready to have some extra time on your hands.
About HAROLD UNDERDOWN:
I have been a children’s book editor for over 20 years. For the first half of that, I worked in-house at Macmillan, Orchard, and Charlesbridge. More recently I have been working independently–working with authors and publishers, speaking at conferences, and giving workshops. I also run The Purple Crayon, an informational website, at http://www.underdown.org/, and am a contributing editor to Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Publishing Children’s Books grew out of my experiences as an editor. I have posted information and sample chapters on my website at my Idiot’s Guide page.
(used from: Harold Underdown’s Goodreads bio)
:::LEAVE ME A COMMENT:::
Let me know what you think of today’s www. Wednesday.
Do you know of another resourceful website? I would love to highlight here on my blog.
Until next time…
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
** Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
*** Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign-up page.