#SummerSparks Day 1: FAMILY CELEBRATION
by: Tracey M. Cox
It’s here! It’s here! What a day!
First Day of Summer
All rolled up into one happy, happy day.
Several things are going on in the background that I can’t share, just yet. I’ve had a few bloggers who have had to change their plans. I plan on carrying on though. So, you will be seeing a bit more of me this year than last. Now onto today’s post…
Family.Family makes you you. I thought I would kick off Summer Sparks celebrating family, especially since today is Father’s Day. 🙂
Families come in all shapes and sizes. We all have our matriarch, the goof ball, the serious ones, the ones who go above all and beyond to help, the ones we would like to ignore.
I owe my love of storytelling to my grandfather. I lived with my grandparent before I was ever born. My grandfather would tell me stories of giants who wanted their goose who laid golden eggs back, stories of hungry bears, and of silly piggies building things. He also told me stories that were his own. He showed me how shadows on a wall could turn into characters in a story who had a history and challenges to overcome. He also developed my love of music. Singing, playing the keyboard, and strumming a guitar could be heard any day at my house.
So while we celebrate the Dad’s in our life today, think about your family, and celebrate!
FAMILY. Write something about someone who inspired you in your family. Do some research into your genealogy. Do you have native american history? Someone who fought in a war? A king? Civil rights activist? You can go non-fiction, fiction, or faction on this. Let’s here it for our families!
Tracey M. Cox has been writing professionally since 2000. She is traditionally published with six picture book out. This Summer, her 7th picture book, The Children at the Playground, will be published by Xist Publishing.
Tracey is the host of Summer Sparks, author, platform building consultant, and offers a critique service. Read more about her at www.traceymcox.com.
Tracey will be giving away one full critique at the end of the challenge. COMMENT ON THIS POST to qualify for any give away. *you will need to comment on every give away post*.
TWEET – about this giveaway.
FACEBOOK – post about this giveaway too!!!
:::LEAVE A COMMENT:::
Let me know, are you participating in this years #SummerSparks writing challenge?
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
* Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
* Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign up page.
2015 Summer Sparks post:
- Family Celebration by Tracey M. Cox
- Back Where I Come From by Tracey M. Cox
- The Benefits of Playdough: Molding your PB Idea Into A Story by Donna L. Martin
- Go Jump In a Lake by Tracey M. Cox
- Take a Vacay! by Tracey M. Cox
- How to Rhyme Right in a Picture Book Manuscript by Nancy Raines Day
- Don’t You Know that You Are a Shooting Star? by Tracey M. Cox
- Sun Burst by Tracey M. Cox
- Writing Tips from the Big Bad Writer by Pat Miller
- Get Out! by Tracey M. Cox
- Pieces by Tracey M. Cox
- Make Your Non-Fiction Leap Off the Page! by Jennifer Swanson
- Do the Twist by Tracey M. Cox
- Celebrate! by Tracey M. Cox