NO, seriously. Go jump in a lake, or the ocean, or a pool. WHY? Because today is National Swim-A-Lap Day. Yay! And you thought I was being mean. * tsk, tsk 😉 *
There are many unsung holidays or national days that many of us don’t know about. Like National Hug Day… Or Bring your Dog to Work Day (I would NOT get any work done that day!)… And more.
By immersing yourself into new ideas, you can come up with some great story starters. I like to see what is out there and wait to see which ideas will float to the top, waiting to be written.
So splash on into the idea pool, take a lap, and see what you can come up with today.
Go to Google. Type in “Silly Holidays” or “National Days” and begin exploring the unusual days we haven’t been celebrating!
Tracey M. Cox has been writing professionally since 2000. She is traditionally published with six picture book out. This Summer, her 7th picture book, The Children at the Playground, will be published by Xist Publishing.
Tracey is the host of Summer Sparks, author, platform building consultant, and offers a critique service. Read more about her at www.traceymcox.com.
Tracey will be giving away one full critique at the end of the challenge. COMMENT ON THIS POST to qualify for any give away. *you will need to comment on every give away post*.
TWEET – about this giveaway.
FACEBOOK – post about this giveaway too!!!
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
* Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
* Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign up page.
2015 Summer Sparks post:
- Family Celebration by Tracey M. Cox
- Back Where I Come From by Tracey M. Cox
- The Benefits of Playdough: Molding your PB Idea Into A Story by Donna L. Martin
- Go Jump In a Lake by Tracey M. Cox
- Take a Vacay! by Tracey M. Cox
- How to Rhyme Right in a Picture Book Manuscript by Nancy Raines Day
- Don’t You Know that You Are a Shooting Star? by Tracey M. Cox
- Sun Burst by Tracey M. Cox
- Writing Tips from the Big Bad Writer by Pat Miller
- Get Out! by Tracey M. Cox
- Pieces by Tracey M. Cox
- Make Your Non-Fiction Leap Off the Page! by Jennifer Swanson
- Do the Twist by Tracey M. Cox
- Celebrate! by Tracey M. Cox