by: Tracey M. Cox
Yay! You did it!!!! Although I’m a little sad that #SummerSparks is coming to a close. *sniff, sniff* But let’s not settle on the bad. Today is a day of celebration in America. A day we choose to celebrate our freedom.
Some people grill out. Some blast off fireworks. Some will visit monuments. Some will be surround by family and friends. Whatever you may be doing today. I hope you will take the time to reflect… on your writing, on your country, and of the freedoms we celebrate.
*Sorry, Army Mom here 😉
I hope #SummerSparks lead to some wonderful ideas. Hopefully, those ideas will spark into amazing stories. Thank you for spending the last two weeks with me. Have a great Summer!
Thank you once again for participating. Remember we are on the honor system. What need you to do is:
- COMMENT ON THIS POST. Let me know how many sparks you had.
- POST YOUR NAME WITHIN YOUR COMMENT. Some of us have different IDs and I want to make sure I have the right person.
- SOLEMNLY SWEAR. You need to have at least 14 sparks to be eligible for prizes. I must stress though. 1 new idea is a winner in my book. You have gone through exercises and research during the past two weeks. That alone is building on your craft.
You will have until Saturday, July 11th, at 11:59 pm est to finish this challenge.
I give an extra week to allow for those who are traveling during our busy holiday schedules.
You didn’t think I would leave you without one last SPARK did you???
Write about a celebration? Or what you do on a certain holiday? Who is there? Are there any challenges? An event that takes place on that day?
Tracey M. Cox has been writing professionally since 2000. She is traditionally published with six picture books out. This Summer, her 7th picture book, The Children at the Playground, will be published by Xist Publishing.
Tracey is the host of Summer Sparks author, platform building consultant, and offers a critique service. Read more about her at www.traceymcox.com.
#GIVEAWAY 2# <— Yes, #2!
Tracey will be giving away a one hour platform consult at the end of the challenge. COMMENT ON THIS POST to qualify for any give away. *you will need to comment on every give away post*.
TWEET – about this giveaway.
FACEBOOK – post about this giveaway too!!!
:::LEAVE A COMMENT:::
Don’t forget to do those THREE STEPS MENTIONED ABOVE!
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
* Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
* Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign up page.
2015 Summer Sparks post:
- Family Celebration by Tracey M. Cox
- Back Where I Come From by Tracey M. Cox
- The Benefits of Playdough: Molding your PB Idea Into A Story by Donna L. Martin
- Go Jump In a Lake by Tracey M. Cox
- Take a Vacay! by Tracey M. Cox
- How to Rhyme Right in a Picture Book Manuscript by Nancy Raines Day
- Don’t You Know that You Are a Shooting Star? by Tracey M. Cox
- Sun Burst by Tracey M. Cox
- Writing Tips from the Big Bad Writer by Pat Miller
- Get Out! by Tracey M. Cox
- Pieces by Tracey M. Cox
- Make Your Non-Fiction Leap Off the Page! by Jennifer Swanson
- Do the Twist by Tracey M. Cox
- Celebrate! by Tracey M. Cox