~ 2016 ~
Let’s ring in 2016 on a high note!
As the new year begins to unfold, I like to focus on things that I did well and build upon that. Here are some thing I feel I did right in 2015:
- Writing – While I didn’t meet my goal of 12 new stories, I did write EIGHT new manuscripts. 🙂
- Blogging – I was regularly blogging all year!
- Marketing – I’ve continued to learn and incorporate different marketing skills
- Involvement – I expanded my volunteering in my local SCBWI chapter (Southern Breeze), went to a conference, held my first workshop for adults (GULP!), and got out into my local community and involved many businesses in a marketing campaign.
Now to look forward to 2016…
A writing friend of mine, Lori Grusin Degman, posted on Facebook that she likes to come up with a word to motivate her through the new year. I had done this a few years ago, but hadn’t thought of doing it again until she brought it up. What a great way to keep your spirits up and give you an extra push when you feel let down by something. The thing you need to do is choose a word and decide what it will mean for you in the new year. My word for 2016 will be
~ ACCOMPLISH ~
For me, I plan to accomplish several things in the new year.
… To go through old manuscripts. Decide which ones are worth dusting off and revise, revise, revise.
… To find an agent. I rec’d a lot of positive responses in 2015. I’m close. I know I am.
… To finish getting my house in order. *sigh* Yes, sometimes my writing has to wait. The struggle is real folks!
… To continue writing new manuscripts. 12 new picture books manuscripts. 🙂
… To continue blogging!!! I want to keep my picture book vlog up this year too!!!
… To do better marketing on myself and the programs I support. There’s always room for improvement. 😉
… To be a better person. Take breaths, pauses, before I react. Be better mentally and physically. Got to keep everything in shape. Afterall, if you want the world to be a better place, the best place to start is with what you see in the mirror.
So that’s a lot to accomplish. *heehee* But if I take it one day at a time, and work on it daily, I think it is a can do.
So here’s to 2016!
May it bring you good tidings.
:::LEAVE ME A COMMENT:::
What did you accomplish this year?
Do you have a word to inspire you into and through 2016?
If you do, what is it and what does it mean to you?
Until next time,
- Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT on this post.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
- Don’t miss one post! Email sign ups are over here —>
- Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my Newsletter sign up page.