Let’s face it, we are all busy. There are certain things that happen and we have to learn to roll with the punches. Making time to do the things we love or want to accomplish is usually on the top of our list though. But what about the other things that need to be done? Things like marketing, research, and other things that help everything come together. Honestly, it can be overwhelming.
Here are a few things I do to help manage my time and accomplish certain goals.
- Calendaring – I’ve been doing this for a few years now. It has made a major difference in my productivity too! I wrote a blog post that you can read HERE on how I set up my calendar on my laptop. I designated a day (Sunday for me) to sit down and prepare what I want done over the next seven days. I’ll enter it in on my calendar. This includes blog posts, writing, doctor visits, research, website design, anything and everything that I may be doing for that amount of time. As the things are accomplished, I highlight them in green. I like green. 😀
- Timer – This is my key when I’m doing social media. I allow a certain amount of time for me to scroll on social media. It can be five minutes to thirty minutes on a certain outlet. I may be doing research on how to utilize something better. Or I may simply be scrolling through and being “social”. The thing is keeping my time centered and not letting hours *you know what I mean* go by and then looking around wondering where my day went.
- Blocks – I will use blocks of time to accomplish certain things. I block out time to write my blog posts. I’ll use downtime (night time) to upload videos. While sipping coffee, I’ll look over my email, read blogs (where I try to comment and share), and catch up on friend’s and family’s updates. I’ll redo this while eating lunch and maybe at night, if I have time. I block out time to schedule tweets and facebook posts too. Those scheduled tweets and posts are to promote my books and business.
All this helps me accomplish things and not be as overwhelmed. Don’t get me wrong. I do fall behind at times and not understand how to utilize things to the best of it’s ability. BUT by doing these three things, those times happen fewer and further between.
:::LEAVE ME A COMMENT:::
How do you manage your time?
Are there other things you do to plot out what is to be done?
Do you utilize these same things?
Until next time,
- Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, andCOMMENT on this post.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
- Don’t miss one post! Email sign ups are over here —>
- Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my Newsletter sign up page.