~ WeLcOmE 2017 ~
The clock has struck midnight and a new year has begun. I like the beginning of the year. You get a fresh start. A new chapter. Another chance.
As most of you know I’m against making resolutions. *heehee* I don’t like to set myself up for disaster. Instead, I like to reflect on the year that’s just passed and focus on the positive. To build upon that and to lift my spirits in a positive movement.
So here’s my challenge to you all for 2017…
Make a list of FIVE things that were positive for you this year and one dream you would like to see happen. ONLY five? Yeppers, that’s it. Five. Seems easy, right? For some it will be. For others, it will be a stretch. Let’s face it, 2016 was a pretty rough year for most. Honestly, I’m glad it over. BUT I know there were some memorable moments hidden in there. Let’s go find them! Here’s mine:
- My ear surgery was more than successful! Not only was the doctor able relieve the pain and pressure, but I can hear now. It’s the first time in my life I’ve ever been able to hear properly out of my right ear.
- I signed with an agent! I’m still amazed and smiling. It’s wonderful to know you have someone in your corner. Rooting you on. Making you better. Wanting you to succeed as much as you want to.
- I debuted as illustrator! Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum was my first picture book where I was an author AND illustrator!!!
- I kicked off my Marketing Business in 2016! I have three clients right now. This year I plan to take on a few more. I also was hired at a local business part-time. I really am enjoying it too. My boss and I get along (which is important… some of you know my horror story), I get to meet new people, and I’m constantly learning. 🙂
- I’m writing my first YA. While it doesn’t seem like a milestone to some. It is a mountain for this picture book writer! I’m really learning how to delve deeper and try different approaches to my writing. And guess what!???! It is helping my pb writing too! Imagine that!!! 🙂
Now my dream…
I have two really.
- Personally, I want to be medically better by the end of the year. I’ve already started on that road this past year, but there are some other things on the horizon that need to be cleared up.
- Business-wise, Make a sale. Of course, I know there are so many variables with this one, but I can produce the best work I can and give it my best shot. 😀
Okay, whew, yes, that last five-one was harder than I wanted it to be. hahahhaha. So what are your five things? It doesn’t have to be huge, just what is important to you. What is your dream? Let’s bring 2017 in on a positive note. Here’s to a wonderful year full of love, laughter, peace, & books!
Until next time…
- Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT on this post.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
- Don’t miss one post! Email sign ups are over here —>
- Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my Newsletter sign up page.