#MarketingMonday – Reciprocity
Marketing can be daunting to say the least. I mean who wants to sit there and feel like they are bashing others over the head saying things like: “Buy my (insert product)!” “Watch this video!” “Have you seen this?” and yadda yadda on and on. No one, that’s who! It’s the down side of putting your products and yourself out there.
People ain’t got time for all that stuff!
So what can you do? One thing I have found more beneficial than anything else is RECIPROCITY! Or promoting others.
Reciprocity: a social norm of responding to a positive action with another positive action, rewarding kind action
Yes, talk about other people in your field. Let them know what they say matters. Let them know that you find their post intriguing. Let them know that you think they are important in your field.
HOW can you do this?
- LIKE what they say.
- COMMENT on their posts. Ya know, be interactive on social media. ***cough, cough. SOCIAL-IZE! cough, cough***
- REBLOG, RETWEET, SHARE what they have to say. Spread the word! Give them some link-y love!!!
As you do this you will accomplish several things:
- Getting great content out into the world.
- Getting your name noticed by the poster. They notice who does this… trust me!
- Having your followers trust you for great content.
- Building your brand.
And guess what happens when you do this regularly??? People will start LIKING your posts. They will start COMMENTING on your posts. They will start SHARING, REBLOGGING, and RETWEETING what you have to say. You will see it come full-circle. Ya know, the whole “what goes around, comes around” kind of thing. 😉 Will it happen over night? No. Building trust and loyalty takes time. You will have to work at it. But it will happen!
There are several ways to find great content too…
- READ. Do a search and see what you can find.
- FOLLOW others on the interweebs. See what they have to say!
- SIGN UP for blog post notifications. This way you will be able to read posts and easily share what you will.
- LOOK at what is trending. See what is popular in your area.
I hope this gives you some ideas on how to begin to market yourself (and others).
Until next time…
Have fun writing!
- Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT on this post.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
- Don’t miss one post! Email sign ups are over here —>
- Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my Newsletter sign up page.