Take a Vacay!
by: Tracey M. Cox
Vacations are supposed to be fun or relaxing, right? You can turn it into a learning adventure too.
I remember the trips my family would take twice a year, from Rochester, NY to Irwin County, Georgia. I always looked forward to stopping at the rest stops and gas stations to pick up the little brochures which featured the local highlights.
I would daydream about going to underground caves. Or walking through a castle. There were trails I wanted to explore and houses that had things that went bump in the night. There are local attractions too, like a historical site, state parks, and theme parks.
Have I ever done any of these? Yep! I’ve gone to ‘See Rock City’ in Tennessee. I’ve gone to Stone Mountain in Georgia. I’ve walked the halls of the Builtmore Estate in North Carolina. I’ve tip-toed around Savannah hoping to see a ghost. 😉 I’ve walked the grounds close by my house where Jefferson Davis was captured.
Are there stories there? SURE! All I have to do is be ready to capture them.
Tracey M. Cox has been writing professionally since 2000. She is traditionally published with six picture book out. This Summer, her 7th picture book, The Children at the Playground, will be published by Xist Publishing.
Tracey is the host of Summer Sparks, author, platform building consultant, and offers a critique service. Read more about her at www.traceymcox.com.
Tracey will be giving away one full critique at the end of the challenge. COMMENT ON THIS POST to qualify for any give away. *you will need to comment on every give away post*.
TWEET – about this giveaway.
FACEBOOK – post about this giveaway too!!!
:::LEAVE A COMMENT:::
Let me know, are you participating in this years #SummerSparks writing challenge?
What local attractions do you have in your area?
Are there places you’ve visited that inspire a story?
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
* Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
* Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign up page.
2015 Summer Sparks post:
- Family Celebration by Tracey M. Cox
- Back Where I Come From by Tracey M. Cox
- The Benefits of Playdough: Molding your PB Idea Into A Story by Donna L. Martin
- Go Jump In a Lake by Tracey M. Cox
- Take a Vacay! by Tracey M. Cox
- How to Rhyme Right in a Picture Book Manuscript by Nancy Raines Day
- Don’t You Know that You Are a Shooting Star? by Tracey M. Cox
- Sun Burst by Tracey M. Cox
- Writing Tips from the Big Bad Writer by Pat Miller
- Get Out! by Tracey M. Cox
- Pieces by Tracey M. Cox
- Make Your Non-Fiction Leap Off the Page! by Jennifer Swanson
- Do the Twist by Tracey M. Cox
- Celebrate! by Tracey M. Cox