Marketing Monday –
NEW Writing Contest…
There’s a NEW Writing Contest on the horizon. AND this one is for everyone. When I say everyone, I mean… E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!
It’s called #FicFest. It’s getting some shout outs across social media.
What is #FicFest?
#FicFest is an online writer’s contest which helps put manuscripts in front of literary agents. This contest, unlike most, is open to manuscripts in ALL genres (including those usually excluded such as Paranormal Romance or Erotica) in the categories of Picture Book, Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult.
#FicFest mentors are structured into fifteen (15) teams. Each category that I listed has three teams. Each team is comprised of a team leader, and two (2) team members. Once the submissions open, each team will choose three (3) finalist manuscripts and one (1) alternate manuscript to advance to the agent round. This means that an equal number of manuscripts for each category will move to the agent round, guaranteeing that one category does NOT overpower another when it comes time for the agents.
45 manuscripts total move to the agent round, with 15 manuscripts being held as alternates in case one of the main finalists drops out of the contest for any reason. This is one of the things we stress in promoting #FicFest because most contests are overrun with Young Adult. In many contests, they may advance 40 manuscripts to the agent round, but the problem lies in the fact that 30 of that 40 are all Young Adult. That won’t happen with #FicFest.
Nine manuscripts from each category will make their appearance in the agent round. No more, no less. NINE each. Let me stress this one more time. In the agent round, you will have 9 Picture Books, 9 Middle Grade, 9 Young Adult, 9 New Adult, and 9 Adult. Everyone gets a fair chance.
Have I got your attention now???
Tiffany Hoffmann is the brains behind this contest. All I can say is… WOW! She is a great leader and I can’t wait to see the entries. 😀 Did I mention I’m a #FicFest PB Mentor!!!!
Here are some SAVE THE DATE dates to be on the look out for:
- March 20, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST
Guidelines & Theme Reveal
- March 27, 2016 @ 7:00 PM EST
Meet the Team Leads & Their Members!
(Team Lead Blogs & Host Blog)
- April 3, 2016 @ 6:00 PM EST
Agent List Announced
- April 17, 2016 @ 7:00 PM EST – 10:00 PM EST
Q & A with Team Leads & Host
(Twitter – Using #FicFest)
- April 24, 2016 @ 12:00 AM EST – April 25, 2016 @ 11:59 PM EST
- April 26, 2016 – May 3, 2016
Teams will chose their finalists/alternate
- May 4, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EST
(Team Leads Blogs)
- May 5, 2016 – June 30, 2016
- July 8, 2016 @ 12:00 AM EST – July 14, 2014 @ 11:59 PM EST
:::LEAVE ME A COMMENT:::
What do you think about #FicFest?
Are YOU planning to enter?
If you are, which category will yours be?
Until next time…
- Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT on this post.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
- Don’t miss one post! Email sign ups are over here —>
- Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my Newsletter sign up page.