by: Tracey M. Cox
Have you ever felt stuck with your writing? Like your brain was clumped up and nothing will come out? I know I have… a lot. So what to do? Get out! Yes, I’m shooing you away from your computer. Go take a walk/run? Walk around your yard or neighborhood.
Sometimes stepping away and giving yourself a change of scenery is all you need to do to get the creative juices flowing again.
Maybe you see a new bird? Or flower? You can research those and incorporate them into your writing. Maybe you like gardening? I have a flower bed and a few of my flowers make an appearance in one of my stories. 🙂
Think about different angles you can write different ideas too. “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” is a movie that comes to mind where a bugs pov comes into play when the children are shrunk. There are different challenges from each view point. All you have to do is Get Out! and see what’s there in your own backyard.
Go outside and walk around a little bit. Try to notice things: weather, sounds, scents, vegetation, people, animals, etc. Then think how they relate or seem odd. Does something catch your attention? Is there something new? Is there something you’ve wanted to try or have done and would like to do again? What about the time of the year, what do you do that has become a habit?
Tracey M. Cox has been writing professionally since 2000. She is traditionally published with six picture book out. This Summer, her 7th picture book, The Children at the Playground, will be published by Xist Publishing.
Tracey is the host of Summer Sparks author, platform building consultant, and offers a critique service. Read more about her at www.traceymcox.com.
#GIVEAWAY 2# <— Yes, #2!
Tracey will be giving away a one hour platform consult at the end of the challenge. COMMENT ON THIS POST to qualify for any give away. *you will need to comment on every give away post*.
TWEET – about this giveaway.
FACEBOOK – post about this giveaway too!!!
Click —> a Rafflecopter giveaway <— to enter giveaway!
:::LEAVE A COMMENT:::
Let me know, are you participating in this years #SummerSparks writing challenge?
Where did your Sun Burst exercise lead you?
* Don’t miss one post! Email sign-ups are over here —>
* Did you enjoy this post? Feel free to LIKE, SHARE, and COMMENT ON THIS POST.
Easy, peasy buttons found below.
* Sign up for my N E W S L E T T E R ! I will be sharing writing challenges and other
tidbits related to the kidlit industry. Click ~HERE~ to be directed to my
Newsletter sign up page.
2015 Summer Sparks post:
- Family Celebration by Tracey M. Cox
- Back Where I Come From by Tracey M. Cox
- The Benefits of Playdough: Molding your PB Idea Into A Story by Donna L. Martin
- Go Jump In a Lake by Tracey M. Cox
- Take a Vacay! by Tracey M. Cox
- How to Rhyme Right in a Picture Book Manuscript by Nancy Raines Day
- Don’t You Know that You Are a Shooting Star? by Tracey M. Cox
- Sun Burst by Tracey M. Cox
- Writing Tips from the Big Bad Writer by Pat Miller
- Get Out! by Tracey M. Cox
- Pieces by Tracey M. Cox
- Make Your Non-Fiction Leap Off the Page! by Jennifer Swanson
- Do the Twist by Tracey M. Cox
- Celebrate! by Tracey M. Cox